Easy Wellness Tips
Here are some easy wellness tips to help make you healthier and happier!
1. Drink more water. Proper hydration is necessary for good health. While our hydration needs can be met by drinking other beverages, drinking water provides a healthy calorie-free and sugar-free option.
2. Add 10 minutes of exercise to your day. If you don’t already exercise, aim to get 10 minutes each day. Try walking to start. If you do currently exercise, add 10 extra minutes to your routine.
3. Get moving at work. Aim to stand up more often, or take a quick walk or stretch break.
4. Go to bed 10 minutes earlier. By the end of the week, you’ll get 70 extra minutes of sleep. If you keep it up all year, you’ll have slept 60 hours more. Imagine how well-rested you’ll feel!
5. Add an extra serving of fruit or vegetables per day. Each day, find a way to eat one extra serving. You may have more opportunities than you realize!
6. Spend more time with friends and family. This can help you to relieve stress, laugh more and relax—all of which can help increase your well-being.
7. Eat breakfast—it truly is the most important meal of the day. Find helpful tips and breakfast ideas here.
8. Reduce your screen time. Much of our time is spent behind the screens of our computers, phones and tablets, or in front of the television. Spend time doing healthier, more interactive, and physical activities.
9. Brush and floss your teeth. Good oral hygiene can promote good general health. Get in the habit of brushing twice and flossing once per day.
10. Control your portions. Limiting your portions is necessary for healthy eating and weight management.