Pre- and Post-Workout Nutrition Tips
Don’t skip carbohydrates! They are fuel for your muscles.
Ideally, you should fuel your body about 1 to 3 hours pre-workout, depending on how your body tolerates food. Try different times and see what works best for you.
Suggestions for pre-workout foods:
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich, preferably on whole wheat or whole grain bread
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Oatmeal with low-fat milk and fruit
- Apple and peanut or almond butter
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
Ideally, you should fuel your body about 15-20 minutes post-workout.
Suggestions for post-workout snacks:
- Post-workout smoothie made with low-fat milk and fruit
- Low-fat chocolate milk
- Turkey on a whole-grain wrap with veggies
- Yogurt with berries