Dark Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites
We all deserve a treat once in a while! Try this delicious, not too sinful confection!
• 1 banana
• 3 ounces dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or greater
• ½ teaspoon instant espresso (optional)
1. Slice banana into 16 quarter-inch slices.
2. Skewer each slice with two prong skewers and place on wax paper; freeze for one hour.
3. Create double boiler by placing metal bowl over saucepan with one inch of simmering water; add chocolate, espresso (if using) and stir continually until 3/4 melted.
4. Remove bowl from heat and continue stirring until completely melted.
5. Take banana slices from freezer and dip in chocolate until completely coated, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
6. Place on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.